Head - Underwriting/Products - Claims - Motor Insurance - #1513830
United HR Solutions Pvt Ltd
Motor Insurance (Must have ) + General Insurance
Pref. companies general BFSI, GI companies. Acko, Insurtechs
- Has handled claims, accidental insurance etc, having acturial exp, risk assessment exp
- Should have experience of P&L buildups and related reporting (MOR, Foreign Gen etc.)
- To set up a strong portfolio analytics deck on premium sourcing and claims to enable business to understand aspects beyond the top line. The data could be used as a key input in pricing and reward negotiation in order to maximize earnings with a balanced customer proposition
- Required strong insurance specific analytical skills which can be effectively used for decision on price points, quote coverage and price differentiation across geographies and customer cohorts
- To be able to understand claims movement in a portfolio and derive trend projection which can be used as an input for taking corrective action to weed out inherent risky portfolio from the books.
- To be able to pick segments/sub segments/pockets with strong profitable growth potential with the help of data and industry knowledge
- To be able to cross verify product fitment from a regulatory standpoint and evaluate appropriate pricing for the risk
Ideal Candidate should have:
- 12 to 15 years experience in the insurance industry of which the majority (6-7 years or more should be in technical functions like underwriting, pricing, actuarial or claims in motor insurance line of business.
- General insurance/P&C experience is preferred with a focus on Motor Insurance. Health insurance experience would be a strong positive in addition to GI/P&C experience
- Should be familiar with GLM and other analytical models as a user. Hands on experience with analytical models would be a positive addition
- Understanding of regulatory requirements around product development is a must
- Should have experience of interacting and negotiating with actuaries wrt understanding of underwriting's impact on pricing
- Should have experience of P&L buildups and related reporting (MOR, Foreign Gen etc.